Thursday, May 11, 2006

Something about me and my favourite quotes

Hi ! !

Here is a little bit of info about myself. I was born, brought up and educated in Mumbai, India. After I completed my graduation I got into Computers and Business Applications quite by accident. I first tried all the creative stuff. I read a lot of Classic literature, so that I could get the right inspiration to become a writer. When that didn't work out, I tried playing the guitar. When I broke a lot of G strings trying to tune the guitar, I finally gave that up as well. Then my dad got me a computer and I took to programming. I was very much inspired by all the hacking stuff that I read about and saw in the movies. But after 2 years of programming, I finally realised that I was not cut out to be a hacker after all. By then since I had studied Cost and Management Accounting as well as a lot of computers, I finally got into ERP consulting. And finally this is where I got to use all the knowledge and talent that I had accumalated over all my previous failures. Consulting is a profession where you need knowledge and the ability to use this knowledge in creative ways. Since then I have been working as a Consultant on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications. I firmly believe that anything worth doing should be done with Passion and Joy. It should be fun. I enjoy communicating with people and connecting with people. My hobbies include reading, music, movies, food, wine and travel.

Here are some of my favourite Quotes that I would like to share with you.

Fundamental Quotes
--------------------------------


"Lives of great people all remind us that we can make our lives sublime and departing leave behind us footprints on the sands of time."


"In the heart of this moment is eternity and if this moment we have lived well, done our best then we may very well leave the rest. For nothing better can be done for the future than doing your very best right now."


"Dare to go where no one has gone before."


"Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called 'Ego'."
- Friedrich Nietzsche


"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars."


"Money isn't everything. But be sure to make lots of it before you start talking such nonsense."


"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison


"Sometimes a majority just means all the fools are on one side."


"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
- Walt Disney


"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
- Samuel Johnson



"Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down."
- Jimmy Durante


"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
- Arthur Schopenhauer


"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."
- Will Durant


"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
- Xenocrates


"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"
- Henry David Thoreau


"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates


"In any contest between power and patience, bet on patience."
- W.B. Prescott


"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important."
- Bertrand Russell


"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain


"Men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all the other alternatives."
- Abba Eban

Have a great day ! ! !

Prashant.

1 comment:

Salil said...

bunch of nice quotes...I liked the money one and moment one the best.